CHATTERBOX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHATTERBOX

This is the Church of the Venerated Saint Johnny Thunders - Patron Saint of Rock & Roll Guitarists

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

great news - interesting article to say the least...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alan

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-09-12

great news - interesting article to say the least... Empty
PostSubject: great news - interesting article to say the least...   great news - interesting article to say the least... Empty20th June 2014, 7:44 pm

Interesting article, here's a quote:

" The forthcoming DVD will feature extra material, still to be decided. “Danny knows better than me – all he’s confirmed to me is that there’ll be more of his interview footage and at least three full music clips.  The full versions of ‘Alone In A Crowd’, ‘All By Myself’, and a video promo of Stevie Klasson’s ‘Looking For Johnny’ title-track song. The DVD will be released, along with a soundtrack album, by Jungle in Europe, and MVD in North America.’ And there is more Thunders to come from Jungle. “There is another release that had to be postponed to avoid clashing with the film which we can’t announce just yet.  "

Pedro Mercedes has a new Thunders-related project, Remarquable Records  
Remarquable’s first release will be previously-unheard Thunders studio tracks. “With the help of Bucks Music I contacted the people who had recorded with Johnny in 1978: Paul Gray, Steve Nicol, Dave Philp and Steve Lillywhite have all just been amazingly supportive with their time and recollections.  Phil Lynott’s mate Paul Mauger pointed me in the direction of the particular tape that has the tracks on the first EP that’s coming out.   By coincidence Bucks Music were formerly Essex Music, and the Heartbreakers’ first recording session in England took place in their company office basement studio in February 1977 – Leee Black Childers has photos from the session, with the band alongside Chris Stamp. “

Here's a link, to read the rest:
http://onlyrockanroll.wordpress.com/2014/06/20/arms-around-a-memory/
Back to top Go down
ic1960

ic1960

Number of posts : 1531
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: great news - interesting article to say the least...   great news - interesting article to say the least... Empty22nd June 2014, 12:06 am

Thanks alan...great news indeed!
Back to top Go down
dino77

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: great news - interesting article to say the least...   great news - interesting article to say the least... Empty6th December 2014, 10:02 pm

Really looking forward to hearing the So Alone outtakes - Pedro is to be commended for unearthing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: great news - interesting article to say the least...   great news - interesting article to say the least... Empty

Back to top Go down

great news - interesting article to say the least...
Page 1 of 1