CHATTERBOX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHATTERBOX

This is the Church of the Venerated Saint Johnny Thunders - Patron Saint of Rock & Roll Guitarists

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia

Go down 
+29
armadefuego
Dirtman
Marchal
8754richard
greasytune
Gil
TeddyB1018
flofleming
the sneak
alan
dostillio
chrisfarmer
ic1960
tigerrobert
thunderchk66
stiv
troll64
orvar66
FasterLouder
blackjuju
rottenburgh
sir doug
MackSpades
pipeline
corbridge_owl92
AntonioDaSilva
Scott231
MJG196
Razorback
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

Number of posts : 1880
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty4th September 2013, 9:43 am

sir doug wrote:
wasn't it trouble with the song rights that shoot lechs movie down?
From what I saw here and there, Johnny's estate refused the rights for the use of music because Kowalski was focusing on the dark side of the man. I suppose it ain't the same here ( Jungle records is more or less involved in the project) and that it's a matter of clearness concerning the copyrights of the songs used in the movie....just to be sure that no lawyer will pop up from the street corner , once it will be released.
Back to top Go down
https://chatterbox.canadaboard.net
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty26th September 2013, 10:52 am

Latest news taken from Facebook :

Danny Garcia wrote:
We're clearing song rights, Warner Chappell had us waiting all summer for nothing, we have no other choice but to switch a few original songs for cover versions, each owned by different publishers...and unfortunately this sh*t takes time.
Back to top Go down
sir doug

sir doug

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty27th September 2013, 9:25 am

cover songs, oh no No
Back to top Go down
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty27th September 2013, 10:18 am

sir doug wrote:
cover songs, oh no No
I think Danny Garcia means live JT's versions replacing the original studio ones....not sure, my english isn't good enough to know if "cover" only means "played by somebody else" or can be used for live version by the original artist... but I hardly imagine him putting somebody else on the movie's soundtrack especially for "So Alone" which is a main piece in Johnny's career.
Back to top Go down
sir doug

sir doug

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty27th September 2013, 5:20 pm

Razorback wrote:
sir doug wrote:
cover songs, oh no No
I think Danny Garcia means live JT's versions  replacing the original studio ones....not sure, my english isn't good enough to know if "cover" only means "played by somebody else" or can be used for live version by the original artist... but I hardly imagine him putting somebody else on the movie's soundtrack especially for  "So Alone" which is a main piece in Johnny's career.
well, i have a bad feeling about this and the use of the songs from so alone.
Back to top Go down
MJG196
MJG196

Number of posts : 2765
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty27th September 2013, 5:35 pm

Guys, are you more interested in the music or the story? We all have the music - it's a lot less important than the story that will be told. I love you 
Back to top Go down
sir doug

sir doug

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty27th September 2013, 6:26 pm

MJG196 wrote:
Guys, are you more interested in the music or the story?  We all have the music - it's a lot less important than the story that will be told.  I love you 
well, actually I am more interested in johnnys music than his life and of course it would be nice and better if the movie had all the tunes it wanted. but hey, thats my two cents. What a Face
Back to top Go down
troll64

troll64

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty28th September 2013, 9:49 am

sir doug wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
Guys, are you more interested in the music or the story?  We all have the music - it's a lot less important than the story that will be told.  I love you 
well, actually I am more interested in johnnys music than his life and of course it would be nice and better if the movie had all the tunes it wanted. but hey, thats my two cents. What a Face
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
FasterLouder

FasterLouder

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty11th October 2013, 9:38 am

I'm at 90% John's music and 10% story.
Not a lifestyle many can get away with for too long,amazing he saw 38,really.
Back to top Go down
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty30th December 2013, 10:05 pm

Latest news and artwork for "Looking for Johnny" can be seen on the official FB page.....the job is done !

https://www.facebook.com/lookingforjohnny

I don't know if people without a FB account can see it so just in case, here it is :

Danny Garcia wrote:
Hey everybody! The film's done and here's the poster. Looking at potential premiere dates, will keep you all posted and we'll see us on the road very soon! Thanks to Chris Musto for the artwork and to all of you for the support!!! Happy new year! LAMF!!!

Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 1554343_763200830360148_1856888330_n
Back to top Go down
orvar66

orvar66

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty31st December 2013, 12:18 am

Hi everybody..hope you´re all doing great.This is really great news that the movie finally are finished,I think its ognna be well worth watching.
Back to top Go down
blackjuju

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty31st December 2013, 1:29 am

Can't wait. Would love to know when DVD or download links are available for those that contributed to film. Anyone have any idea?
Poster looks amazing. Got a feeling we got a winner here. So happy to see Johnny's legacy documented.

Larry
Back to top Go down
MackSpades

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty31st December 2013, 2:01 am

I'm pretty sure after seeing this film nobody ever mention anything abot Kowalski trash...
Back to top Go down
FasterLouder

FasterLouder

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty31st December 2013, 9:24 am

Dino and Vito seemed to be busy trying to work out this will stuff.
I hope they are in the movie,hell,someone could do a film just on Vito,by the sound of this:

http://www.communityalternatives.org/pdf/People-v-Genzale-NYCo.pdf
Back to top Go down
orvar66

orvar66

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty1st January 2014, 9:34 pm

tragic reading that pdf..born to loose if I he dosent change track.
Back to top Go down
stiv

stiv

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty3rd January 2014, 11:22 pm

did they interview billy?
Back to top Go down
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty10th January 2014, 11:18 am

stiv wrote:
did they interview billy?

If my memory serves well he didn't wish being interviewed for the movie, but authorized free use of any material he's appearing in. I think they were in the USA shooting most part of the interviews when Billy was having his health problems and in hospital. ( not 100 % sure but that's what stayed in my memories, I might ask Danny about it if you absolutely need a precise response )
By the way here's the first extract from the movie's production, the " Alone in a crowd" clip , it will be one of the extras coming on the DVD apart from the main movie.

Danny Garcia wrote:
Hey guys! Here's a little music video we put together for you. Trailer coming soon! LAMF!!!

Back to top Go down
stiv

stiv

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty13th January 2014, 7:16 am

Thats really a shame. The last time I saw Billy before he was in the Hospital he seemed really excited to be interviewed. Out of all the people they spoke to, Billy has some amazing stories and insights about living and playing with Johnny that I doubt Walter would talk about on film.
Back to top Go down
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty14th January 2014, 10:00 am

I can be wrong, that's what stayed in my memories but so much has been written on FB since the beginning that I can be mistaken by somebody else. Billy doesn't appear in the cast as "archive footage" like Johnny and Jerry so, I've some doubts now.
Back to top Go down
MJG196
MJG196

Number of posts : 2765
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty16th January 2014, 12:09 am

stiv wrote:
Thats really a shame. The last time I saw Billy before he was in the Hospital he seemed really excited to be interviewed. Out of all the people they spoke to, Billy has some amazing stories and insights about living and playing with Johnny that I doubt Walter would talk about on film.  

I know that Billy wasnt posting on FB for the longest time...it could be that it wasnt possible to line up interview times? Since he went to the hospital it seems like almost nobody (except for Stiv?) really has any news about him.
Back to top Go down
orvar66

orvar66

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty16th January 2014, 12:23 am

Great videoclip I must say...so looking forward to this film.
Back to top Go down
stiv

stiv

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty17th January 2014, 2:55 am

Just spoke to Billy. He did an hour long filmed interview. Aside from that, he doesn't know what (if any) footage was used. Seems very disrespectful that his name is not on the poster.
Back to top Go down
Razorback
Admin
Razorback

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty17th January 2014, 9:03 am

So I was wrong and have been mistaken with somebody else....his interview must have been used, like I wrote it before, his name appears in the cast without " archive footage" beside it.
Back to top Go down
thunderchk66

thunderchk66

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 11:57 pm

Hello everyone..

Just stopping by..  Happy new year to all..

I am looking forward to this movie as well  I was hoping it will come out on DVD as well  

It will be so good to see Johnny talked about in a more respectable way. I have been keeping up with the posts on Facebook too.  

Have a great week
 Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 926898
Back to top Go down
stiv

stiv

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty10th March 2014, 5:35 am

Its a shame Richard and David opted out of being interviewed, but expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia   Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking For Johnny - A movie by Danny Garcia
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next